Bartlett Pear Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup diced Bartlett Pears (about 2 medium pears)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together milk, beaten egg, butter, and lemon zest.
- Mix pears and nuts into flour mixture. Gently stir milk mixture into dry ingredients. The batter should be lumpy, not smooth. Do not over mix.
- Spray muffin pans with nonstick spray. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until tops are browned. Remove from pan immediately and serve warm.