Balsamic-Fig Glazed Pear Topped Chicken Breast
This entrée blends sweet fresh pears with rich aged balsamic vinegar and dried figs for a delightfully savory dinner meal.
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 4 Comice Pears cored and cut in half
- 1 1/3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups dried figs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 boneless, skineless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
Filling & Fig Glaze
- Mix goat cheese, thyme, and garlic until blended.
- Place 1 rounded tablespoon goat cheese mixture into center of each pear half.
- Puree chicken broth, figs, vinegar, and sugar in batches in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into strainer set over a bowl.
- Press liquid (sauce) into the bowl and discard solids.
- Pour half of the fig sauce into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Place chicken breasts over fig sauce in the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place a filled pear half cut side down over each chicken breast and drizzle with remaining fig sauce.
- Cover pan with foil and bake in conventional oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake, basting occasionally, 30 to 40 minutes until chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Cut chicken breast and pear in half to serve.
- Spoon sauce over pear. Garnish with cut fig and thyme sprig.